onsdag 16. mars 2011

An Amazing Fairytale

Regina Spektor – Mary Ann meets the Gravediggers and other short stories by regina spektor
I discovered Regina Spektor while I lived in England, my flatmate's x girlfriend (Alice) had this album if I remember correctly.  There is something really beautiful and kinda dark way she tells her stories. The album is really weired, but I can't stop listning to it.




Everytime I listen to this album, it takes me back to the summer in Chy Morva (Falmouth) sitting in our beautiful tiny garden, summer, the amazing smell of the wild herbs that grew amongst the plants, neighbours  having a bbq, the screaming seaguils. Friends from Uni suddenly popping by for a cup of tea. Late nights talking in our horrible yellow, amazing, tiny and impractical kitchen.
We lived in a tiny place (3 bedrooms, kitchen and bathroom) that was called Chy Morva. That is cornish and ment (Chy) House (Morva) place by the sea. 
Me and my flatmate Danni <3 kitchenfun <3





Danni, me and Vicki <3 the Chy morvians <3



Beth (also a Chy Morvian) me, Vicki (Rodders) and Christine, in our kitchen before going out (fancy dress)
I LOVED that poster in the background, still got it but it's really damaged :( If anyone has a tip how to restore a damaged old poster, please let me know!!!
I'm trying to find photos from our garden, but this is all I could find:







Copyright Jeanette H

I do miss Chy Morva....

2 kommentarer:

idelsy sa...

Hei! det ser absolutt ut som huset vi skal flytte inn i!

Så du hadde kommentert på bloggen til Emma, og jeg er altså Ellinor som også skal bo i Chy Morva. Så morsomt!

MelancholyandTea sa...

Hei, så gøy!!
Verdens beste sted å bo!! virkelig!

Dere må ta massemasse bilder så kan jeg fortelle dere masse om det huset ;)

Var litt morsomt å snuble over venninna di sin blogg :)